These super easy to make carrot cupcakes are moist and pack a punch from the candied ginger and spices.
I am back to blogging! Yayy. Now the hard part is – I have a backlog of recipes but I have forgotten the stories around it because I have goldfish memory. Maybe I should not say that anymore because it has been proven that fish can remember things for upto 5 months! Its more than I can say for myself. I made these carrot cupcakes a couple of months back when we were still living out of suitcases in airBnbs and I actually had access to a decent oven and I was carrying around my plastic laundry box full of ingredients and kitchen equipment! We must have visited a farmer’s market and picked up a big bunch of grubby carrots because they looked pretty and were cheap. Yes, that story sounds about right.
I remember it was still summer and sweltering hot! And yet, I chose to spice up these Carrot cupcakes. This is a mystery to me. I guess, I knew I will only get around to posting it in fall. Lets credit that to my excellent judgement.
Spiced Carrot Cupcakes
Ingredients – Makes 9
¾ cup cake flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
Pinch of all spice
2 tsp finely chopped candied ginger
Pinch of salt
½ cup oil
2 large eggs
1 heaped cup – grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line muffin pan.
- Whisk together all the dried ingredients in a large bowl – flour, sugar, B. soda, B. pwd, salt, spices and ginger.
- Whisk together oil and eggs lightly. Add to flour mixture and whisk lightly till everything is combined.
- Fold in the grated carrot till well incorporated.
- It will be quite thin. Pour into the muffin tray with an ice-cream scoop or spoon. Stick it in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or till springy to touch.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting with your favorite cream cheese frosting or you can dollop whatever is at hand. I ate it with my Orange buttercream and it was awesome! Or eat it without frosting for breakfast.