One-Bowl Breakfast Brownie

Breakfast Banana Brownie

Banana breakfast brownie is all your favorite breakfast things in a delectable brownie form! Banana, peanut butter, chocolate, coconut –simply throw everything in a bowl, whisk it and you have amazing chocolate – banana brownies! 

Breakfast Banana Brownie

Oh yes, it happened! No point in living in denial anymore. We started with scorn, which gradually turned to surprise, which soon turned to shock and disbelief and has culminated in anger and disappointment. The long news channel speculations are over. Facebook and fake news have been blamed. The angry SM tirades and repartees are done. It gave us numerous new GIFs and a series of Women’s Marches which will go down in history. Now we keep vigil.

Meanwhile personally, I had a nice week where I celebrated by X bday (Yes, I am at that age where I feel I must censor it in public!!) which was basically an excuse to get dressed up and go for a super nice 3 course dinner and make a 4 layer cake of Guinness, chocolate, brown butter and Whiskey caramel. Yes, it was boozy themed since I don’t go out to drink and party as much anymore, and so this was my way of jamming 90% of the things that make a great party – namely alcohol, chocolate and cake in one thing. The other 10% is dancing ofcourse which happens all the time anyway.

We also went to the theatre to watch The Audience which was not bad but personally I’d much rather watch The Crown. However, it was a good excuse to get dressed up once again (twice in a week!!!) and go explore a new taqueria for a pre-show quick bite.

 

Breakfast Banana Brownie

Also, I got a little boost when one of my recipes got featured on FeedFeed. This is my very first time of being featured on a community platform so obviously I was excited. Then the FBC post on Grapefruit Recipe Round Up came out, for which I had submitted my Grapefruit Trifle recipe. It made me so happy to see my post amongst so many other awesome recipes from seasoned bloggers. Ahhh the little joys!

Breakfast Banana Brownie

I will shamefully admit that before these brownies, I kind of looked at everything that read gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free with suspicion. If you remove flour, sugar and butter from a cake, is it still a cake? That’s my version of the new McDonalds ad. When I happened to somehow land on Running with Spoons and saw Amanda’s gorgeous looking Flourless Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies , I  decided to give it a try and well, I discovered to my delight that yes, there can be delicious brownies minus those ingredients. Also you feel a little less guilty while over-indulging. Like I do on most days. Cake in moderation is a mantra I am still working on! But in the meantime, one-bowl, guilt-free brownies.

Breakfast Banana Brownie

One Bowl Breakfast Brownies

Ingredients – Makes 9 little squares

1/2 cup sugar-free peanut butter or any nut butter of your choice
2 very ripe bananas – mashed
1 large egg
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa pwd
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup carob chips (optional)
1/4 cup homemade sugar free granola 

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 6 inch square pan with parchment and spray lightly with oil.

In a medium sized bowl, stir the first 7 ingredients with a wooden spoon till mixed well. Don’t mix more than required.

Fold in the coconut and carob chips till just incorporated.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 – 30 mins till toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting.

Notes – The granola once it gets soft, is mushy and unpleasant so I think best to leave it out!

Adapted from Running With Spoons

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUpon

You may also like..

What do you think about this post?